Replacing radio, power but no sound, and yes I connected the Blue/White cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seanmcginger

Reaction score
I have tried re doing the connections a few times, but basically I bought my car last year, the last owner put some crappy chinese HU in, so i got this Boss bvcp9700a, I have done my own replacements before, so I thought I'd be good, but initially I soldered the joints, matched the colors, including the Blue with white stripe remote turn on i have read about. It turns on, it picks up the radio stations but no audio from any source. Not many settings but messed with them and no change.

Ripped it out and used the twist method in case my soldering skills are lacking, and same, put the old one back in and the speakers work. Ripped it out again and used wire nuts, again color to color, same no audio. Saw some dude on youtube who mentioned since its something that needs power, you can get away with connecting the blue/white to solid red wire, still no go.

I am now wondering if the head unit is bad, i ordered a second harness and tried it with no luck. I am just kinda waiting on Boss, or if anyone has suggestions that'd be great, my GF is getting annoyed with no music lmao

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty Boss.
Unless your car is a Limited with the old Infinity sound system, it has amps in the front doors that ran the front and rear speakers. The original head unit powered them, without power they will block the sound, I don't know if they were fed a pre out signal, I'd guess so as it would have been pointless putting an amp in the stereo when it was designed with 2 in the doors.
If so, just bypass the amps.

seanmcginger

Reaction score
Sounds like a faulty Boss.
Unless your car is a Limited with the old Infinity sound system, it has amps in the front doors that ran the front and rear speakers. The original head unit powered them, without power they will block the sound, I don't know if they were fed a pre out signal, I'd guess so as it would have been pointless putting an amp in the stereo when it was designed with 2 in the doors.
If so, just bypass the amps.
So my educated guess is this is the infinity sound system, but yeah thats where i am leaning as well
'
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach