RPMs intermittently stuck when lightly applying gas, slow response over 50 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be nice to see live data. A decent scanner will show throttle position as you drive. Seems like you'd get a specific code if the tps was bad. You do need to change the whole throttle body to replace the tps.

Spottedbat

Reaction score
I am still not happy with the way my engine sounds/feels when I'm driving like it's sluggish or fluctuating. I know live data would be great. I was able to go to my mechanic friend and use his scanner and just do engine module live data sitting in the lot. He didn't have time that day. Here's a video of that I'm sorry you would have to pause to snag any numbers off. Things I noticed were my RPMs are basically 550 which I think is very low. I believe there was a fuel pressure rating of 50. It looks like my injectors or maybe running at different levels. Btw the engine code is the same thing I've had. Gas cap because it doesn't like the one I put on. Evap leak which is still unknown and I've been looking into.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Gyro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your idle rpm,s (546) are not far from 600(proper).
Fuel pressure should be 58+/- 5 your,s shows 50.should be fine.
Have you checked the spark plugs? How many miles on them? What gap?

Gyro

Spottedbat

Reaction score
Update, changed all the spark plugs ( NGK 6987) and changed the gap to near .040. The old plugs definitely had expanded gaps. I then switched all my coils over to the ones on my spare Jeep which were in better condition. Took it on a test drive and it's seems to be much better!