Thermostat Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marjsyd

Reaction score
Hi,

Those interested the 2002-2007 Jeep KJ (Liberty/Cherokee) can take the Mishimoto Racing Thermostat - listed as:

Racing Thermostat, fits Jeep Liberty 3.7L 2002-2012: Model: MMTS-JGC-99L

Ref: https://www.mishimoto.eu/jeep-liberty-3-7l-racing-thermostat-02-12.html

In the hot Aussie sun, my engine was feeling the heat, and as I had warped a block and alloy head before it made me nervous.

I found this replacement thermostat that opens at a much lower 180* F compared to the standard 195* F. If you're in a cooler climate you likely won't need one, but where I am you do not want to cook yourself in the bush.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheers

Jason M.

Kevin.G

Reaction score
Hi,

Those interested the 2002-2007 Jeep KJ (Liberty/Cherokee) can take the Mishimoto Racing Thermostat - listed as:

Racing Thermostat, fits Jeep Liberty 3.7L 2002-2012: Model: MMTS-JGC-99L

Ref: https://www.mishimoto.eu/jeep-liberty-3-7l-racing-thermostat-02-12.html

In the hot Aussie sun, my engine was feeling the heat, and as I had warped a block and alloy head before it made me nervous.

I found this replacement thermostat that opens at a much lower 180* F compared to the standard 195* F. If you're in a cooler climate you likely won't need one, but where I am you do not want to cook yourself in the bush.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheers

Jason M.
I have had to remove the Thermostat on my 3.7 V6, but due to my remote location have not been able to replace the faulty one. I live in a mild to warm climate in South Africa and although the vehicle seems to run a bit cooler than with the Thermostat unit, no problems to date. Does anyone have experience and/or comments operating the car without a Thermostat for extended periods?

Kevin

marjsyd

Reaction score
nope
now you are messing with computer etc as well
racing thermostat LOL
I think if the title “racing thermostat” disturbs you so much and brings you angst you should reach out to the distributor who coined the title and give them some enlightenment!
nope
now you are messing with computer etc as well
racing thermostat LOL

Latest posts

Members online