Water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that we know the idler pullies are left hand metric bolts do you know the size wrench are right or left hand thread for the clutch fan I can not budge it with a adjustable wrench and the clutch spanner
It's a pig to undo, I can't remember the size offhand. I got it off by holding the hub with a steel pin through one of the holes locked up against the steel housing and smacking the spanner on the nut with a large copper hammer. I'm sure it's a normal thread, mine had been butchered by someone with a chisel previously making it even more fun!
I believe the hub bearing is difficult to source so don't get to brutal!

rfanslau

Reaction score
I have the special tool it's a spanner and a special rod that attachs to a air chisel. Just after snapping that left hand idler screw I dont want to do anymore unnecessary damage

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know where you are in the world, but if you are in Europe then AutoDoc is very handy for parts, I've used them for several things, delivery is very slow though.

rfanslau

Reaction score
I am in new jersey, united States. But it's good to know for parts you can't get your hands on thanks