2.8l crd start issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmf0205

Reaction score
So I have an 06 2.8l crd love the vehicle but I ran into this nightmare I'm trying to solve right now. I broke down an hour from home last week and haven't been able to get the jeep to start since. To start I replaced the fuel filter, starter, and battery. The jeep cranks for about 30 seconds before completely killing a fully charged brand new battery and the cranking is very lack luster if I do say so myself. It will sputter a few times but it won't do it consistent enough to start. My questions are 1. Why is there so much draw it is killing a 800cca battery within 30 seconds of cranking. 2 why wouldn't it start if I can see that there is fuel pressure at the high side of the injection pump

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The jeep cranks for about 30 seconds before completely killing a fully charged brand new battery and the cranking is very lack luster if I do say so myself.

NOT enough info here but it mostly sounds like it could be a bad crank postion sensor!!!

Did you also check for actual fault codes before throwing parts at it??

Latest posts

Members online