2006 Jeep Liberty leaking on drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lizmkaty

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep liberty, it was leaking water on the drivers side and passenger side. I changed out the tubing for the sunroof, and had to flex seal around the cabin filter under the cowl. No more water on the passenger side, but after the hurricane that passed through today, my drivers side is soaked. Everything below the blue line is wet, the most soaked near the wiring coming through the fire wall. I checked the sunroof line, and saw no leaks. Fuse box is dry, and so is the top wiring under the steering column but this section on the left kick panel. I tried taking a water hose and setting it on the roof running down the wind shield, and I can’t replicate how this water is getting in. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_9331.jpeg
    IMG_9331.jpeg
    295.4 KB · Views: 17

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scuttle drains blocked, remove the plastic trim between the engine bay and the windscreen and clear the blockage.

Perspective

Reaction score
I have a 2006 with no sunroof and mine leaks on the passenger side after really hard rains. I dug into the door trim and discovered quite a bit of grime had made it under the rubber seal between the rubber and metal. It would come down the puller and into the dash around the glove compartment and onto the floor. I believe this grime was creating a gap so water could stream through. Once I cleaned it, it stopped for a little while but has since started again.

Kinneygregory4

Reaction score
after reading and reading and post after post on this problem and trying what everone else tried from cleaning the sunroof plumbing, checking the filter area and resealing the windshield with no success i almost gave up defeated. then i noticed what looked lile a hairline gap in the water channel above my drivers door. the black groove on booth sides that run the length of the roof. a little clear flowable silicone and 9 years later still dry.

crasher

Reaction score
after reading and reading and post after post on this problem and trying what everone else tried from cleaning the sunroof plumbing, checking the filter area and resealing the windshield with no success i almost gave up defeated. then i noticed what looked lile a hairline gap in the water channel above my drivers door. the black groove on booth sides that run the length of the roof. a little clear flowable silicone and 9 years later still dry.
Do you have a picture of the area you're talking about?

Members online