8 passenger KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobd254

Reaction score
I took a bus sest, shortened the back and the legs.. It fits in the back of the KJ.
The plan is to use this out on the beach this weekend. Kids will fit but not adults.

My question is... I'm getting ready to drill holes for mounting.
Is there anything between the rear floor pad and the floor that I may mess up, like wires?

I've allready found space on the underside for fasteners.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 17163170904961146320927.jpg
    17163170904961146320927.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 19

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took a bus sest, shortened the back and the legs.. It fits in the back of the KJ.
The plan is to use this out on the beach this weekend. Kids will fit but not adults.

My question is... I'm getting ready to drill holes for mounting.
Is there anything between the rear floor pad and the floor that I may mess up, like wires?

I've allready found space on the underside for fasteners.
Thanks!
The fuel tank is under there, use a short drill bit!

Bobd254

Reaction score
Working around the fuel tank was a big issue, but that is solved.
Before i stsrt drilling holes I didnt want to hit anything unexpected between the floor pad and the floor pan.
Anybody seen under the floor pad? Anything to watch out for?
Thanks!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread 'six seater liberty' https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/six-seater-liberty.59450/ I did something kinda similar many moons ago. Check out this link to if you wanna hear from all the naysayers. I've since removed as kids have grown and moved out so it's no longer needed. It's really not very difficult to pull up the rear carpet and padding to be sure you're not messing stuff up.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
…and your kids all lived through it? Incredible!

Wow, you had a rough ride on that thread. You can almost feel the genuine concern through all that snark… :rolleyes:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
…and your kids all lived through it? Incredible!

Wow, you had a rough ride on that thread. You can almost feel the genuine concern through all that snark… :rolleyes:
Yerp, it's a good thing I don't much care about what others think and am able to distinguish bull extract from not.

Bobd254

Reaction score
Thread 'six seater liberty' https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/six-seater-liberty.59450/ I did something kinda similar many moons ago. Check out this link to if you wanna hear from all the naysayers. I've since removed as kids have grown and moved out so it's no longer needed. It's really not very difficult to pull up the rear carpet and padding to be sure you're not messing stuff up.
You got all the negative comments that I was expecting to get!
Even though i cut the legs down some , it still is shorter than my oldest nieces child.. i could just teke the foam off and leave the board on the bottom. My brother said he had to ride all day in the middle east on a board in the back of a Landcruiser and he did OK.
My niece just wants me to lesve them in the wayback sitting on the floor . We're just going to be out in the outer banks of NC, but there are some dunes we have to cross and that gets pretty rocky.
PS: I drilled the holes to mount, dont think I ran into anything.