Another No Crank No Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rich19007

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need your expertise. I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7L that will not crank or start. I ruled out the battery, the Starter Relay and the 15A Starter Relay fuse.

When I bypass the Starter Relay with a wire, the Starter does try to start the car, but the car will not turn over. Could the problem be the Starter if the Starter is trying to start when I bypass with a wire?

Thanks

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you bypass the relay does the engine turn but not start?

rich19007

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need your expertise. I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty 3.7L that will not crank or start. I ruled out the battery, the Starter Relay and the 15A Starter Relay fuse.

When I bypass the Starter Relay with a wire, the Starter does try to start the car, but the car will not turn over. Could the problem be the Starter if the Starter is trying to start when I bypass with a wire?

Thanks

Actually, I think I may have found the issue. I found that the Ignition Actuator Pin is broken.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Watch this, Eric O at South Main Auto shows you how to replace the Actuator Pin assembly:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reactions: klc

KidsKJ02

Reaction score
Actually, I think I may have found the issue. I found that the Ignition Actuator Pin is broken.
So was this in fact your issue? There alot of posts on this issue here and I’m having a similar issue but mine will only no crank when the engine is warmed up to temp. Starts fine cold everytime or even after waiting 10-20mins?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So was this in fact your issue? There alot of posts on this issue here and I’m having a similar issue but mine will only no crank when the engine is warmed up to temp. Starts fine cold everytime or even after waiting 10-20mins?
This one almost sounds like the old heat soak issue. On old vehicles if the starter gets too hot it won't crank. I think it has more to do with the solenoid and a voltage drop when hot.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.