ARB front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an arb bumper this winter and now I have ordered my winch. Problem is that I have since lost my instructions for the bumper and I seem to remember that there was some additional steps and hardware that I need inorder to install the winch. Do I have to remove the entire bumper to install the winch? If anyone knows how I can get some new directions I would really appreciate it. Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed an arb bumper this winter and now I have ordered my winch. Problem is that I have since lost my instructions for the bumper and I seem to remember that there was some additional steps and hardware that I need inorder to install the winch. Do I have to remove the entire bumper to install the winch? If anyone knows how I can get some new directions I would really appreciate it. Thanks
The winch will come with all hardware.You do need to drill 2 new holes on the roller fairlead to work on the ARB,not hard at all,and I believe 1/2" or 1" from the hole already in the roller fairlead.

As far as getting it in the bumber,6 bolts holds the bumber on the bumber support,also the skid plates that come with bumber needs to come off.I ripped my ARB off to bedline it,it only took about 15 min to remove it.

sydbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate all the info. Ive been posting alot lately. Im trying to get this thing ready for the summer. Looking forward to alot of wheeling

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of yours?
Before bedliner........
You must be registered for see images

After bedlining..........

I'm running the WARN XP9500 winch with synthetic rope,hence the different fairleed and not the roller fairleed,the syn rope saved over 40lbs of weight in the front end.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before bedliner........

I'm running the WARN XP9500 winch with synthetic rope,hence the different fairleed and not the roller fairleed,the syn rope saved over 40lbs of weight in the front end.

God thats one mean looking liberty. i bet you get al kinds of looks on the highway huh?

Liberator4x4

Reaction score
Before bedliner........

I ordered an arb a couple weeks ago and am planning on running my warn xd9000 in it with synthetic line in it. Did you have to modify the bumper to fit the hawse fairleed? Is there anything stopping me from drilling new holes and mounting my fairleed so its centered over the hole?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered an arb a couple weeks ago and am planning on running my warn xd9000 in it with synthetic line in it. Did you have to modify the bumper to fit the hawse fairleed? Is there anything stopping me from drilling new holes and mounting my fairleed so its centered over the hole?
Drill away,I had to.You have to drill the roller fairlead to fit those on properly.

Make sure you rotate the motor 90 degrees before install otherwise the drain hole will not be facing down and you will have issues.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 rotate winch motor, drill holes in roller fairlead, take out fog light liners, take off lower skid, take out four bolts... support bumper so you dont have to disconnect your wiring, install winch... installation is reverse of dis-assembly.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tj what size tire and lift did you have on in those pictures?
Skyjacker coil lift,early release version with 425lbs rated coils(only 1st 6 months of production),modified to run Rancho RSX shocks and using Rancho 17004's in the rear.The 1st two pics I have 265/75R16 MT/R's on 16x7 steel rims with 4.5" back spacing,the last 2 pics it's the same rims but 265/75R16 Interco Trxus MT's.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the way you had it in those would be an ideal spot for me to be at. Looks good, and would suit my needs well! Just need those 4.10's lol

Liberator4x4

Reaction score
jeep liberty arb bumper rill away,I had to.You have to drill the roller fairlead to fit those on properly.

Make sure you rotate the motor 90 degrees before install otherwise the drain hole will not be facing down and you will have issues.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help but I guess I don't understand what to drill, there is no way to drill new holes in a hawse fairlead there is not enough material. I'm not sure how to drill new holes in the bumper since the winch mounts feet forward, wouldn't the hardware get in the way of the winch?

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt have to drill a hawse fairlead, it should fit directly over the opening in the bumper as is. The roller fairlead has to be drilled to fit over the same opening.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before bedliner........

Out of the countless times ive seen your kj floating around here and lost i never noticed you paint matched you LCA's....... Nice touch

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt have to drill a hawse fairlead, it should fit directly over the opening in the bumper as is. The roller fairlead has to be drilled to fit over the same opening.

Upon closer inspection a hawse fairlead would be too low. Maybe drill holes in the bumper and run bolts from the inside so it doesnt interfere with the winch?

Im pretty sure my lower holes are lower than tjkj's, but what would I know because I drilled holes in a roller fairlead and that was definetly needed.

Last edited:

Liberator4x4

Reaction score
Upon closer inspection a hawse fairlead would be too low. Maybe drill holes in the bumper and run bolts from the inside so it doesnt interfere with the winch?

Im pretty sure my lower holes are lower than tjkj's, but what would I know because I drilled holes in a roller fairlead and that was definetly needed.

Thanks for your time I ended up finding places that sold offset hawse fairleads specifically for bumpers like the arb. However I decided to just order a set of polyurethane rollers off quadratech that replace my metal ones. I figure that way in the unlikely event I mess up my synthetic like I can keep the metal line and fairlead rollers in my recovery bag so I'm not totally screwed.

Liberator4x4

Reaction score
My arb is finally in I'm going to pick it up in a couple days. Does it come with the bolts to mount the winch? I lost the ones that came with the wench..

Thanks