Brake lights, turn signal , and hazard light not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Costcoman

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Liberty . Brake lights, turn signal , and hazard lights are not working . I have researched this and seem to not be able to get a definitive answer . Maybe a switch relay in steering column , hazard relay , faulty wiring . Some people have listed similar issues, but not ALL the same ( only one turn signal may work and hazards are out ) or just turn signals out . For me it's all 3 that I listed , also no one that I have found has had it affect there brake lights with the combination of the hazard and turn signals ?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked all the fuses under the hood and inside the cabin?

Unfortunately I and my known KJ sites do not have the wiring diagrams for any KJ newer than the 2006 KJs. The wiring is probably pretty much the same as the 2006 KJs....unlikely Jeep would have made major changes to the 2007 KJ model when the KK was on the near horizon!

So download the 2006 KJ Service Manual here if you do not already have it....includes wiring diagrams.

It is very weird because the Flasher unit has nothing to do with the brake lights and vice versa and the grounds for the front lights are separate from the brake lights...the multifunction switch like wise only selects left or right indicators inside the Flasher Unit....flasher unit should work when pressed. None of these units are on the common CAN/PCI bus so I doubt there is a problem there.

I would use the 2006 KJ Service Manual and a cheap Digital Multi meter to try trace the problem ie. look for +12 voltage on all the points where they should be....with reference to the ground wires at the bulbs and also with reference to chassis...in case a ground has gone missing.

The wiring harness on the KJs goes around the whole engine bay in a circle with some connectors in the line...possibly a connector common to all these failing components has come loose?

KJ Manuals: Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried a new multifunction switch? The whole assembly that has your wipers/turn signals/headlight and foglights?

Dylanbar2287

Reaction score
Ive had this same issue. Just check wiring connection and all terminals have power. Trying to replace the Multifunction switch tomorrow am and ill let you know how it works out. Right now the turn signal,windshield wipers, running lights and hi and low beams are not working.

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through the "no turn signal" problem and did a youtube search...
The video said that the hazard switch assembly was bad...
I picked up two of these switches at my local pull-a-part yard and I still had no turn signals...
I checked the hazard fuse (#11) and it was OK and the hazard lights worked ...
Upon checking the wiring section in the service manual I found that there was another fuse (#39) was also shown feeding the hazard switch assembly... It was blown...
Replaced it and the turn signals once again worked...
Dave