Brand new to the Jeep life 2004 Jeep KJ 3.7 v6 5 speed 4wd.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

godfishnkicks

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just traded in my Chevy S10 for a 2004 Liberty 6 cyl 5 speed 4wd. It is bone stock right now but I do some offroading. I would love for everyone to give me some advice on what body/engine/suspension mods I should perform, what tire setup would be best, tips on using the 4wd, tips on the 5 speed in this jeep as I am new to stick, basically a dummies guide to making my jeep sweet and using it to its full potential. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
We are glad you now have a Jeep.
Just a little confused when you say KJ & then Patriot, they are not the same.
The Patriot first model year was 2007 if I remember right.
Do you have a 2004 KJ (Liberty)
or a 2007 Jeep Patriot?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Justin, You have an 04 same year as mine...Got a couple of photos you can post of it?
Got fog lights, owners manual, (great to read & place to start) what model is it sport or Renegade..etc..?
How many miles are on your Jeep and do you know of any any previous maintenance history?
It is best to ensure all fluids are like new from the Transfer case to front & rear diff, spark plugs etc and familiarize yourself with your Jeep.
Any dealer can give you a free print out with your VIn # for an options list which is helpful to have as well.
Do you have tools or access to lets say your Dad's or shop tools?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and to jeeps.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.