Crd 2,8 2004 Fuel filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silvestr

Reaction score
Hi, I'm changing the fuel filter and I don't know how to get to it. I only find a different type everywhere. please help me I need to open it somehow, right?

Attachments

• IMG_20240903_115357_238.jpg
    IMG_20240903_115357_238.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240903_115352_690.jpg
    IMG_20240903_115352_690.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20240903_115348_965.jpg
    IMG_20240903_115348_965.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 5

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a Racor element, the bottom plastic bit unscrews, the black bit in your hand is the filter, it will come off once the bottom is unscrewed.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The later filter is the plastic body one you will have seen elsewhere, it's rubbish compared to the aluminium one you have, you appear to have a genuine filter on it, wonder when that was last changed???

This is the correct filter, don't put a cheap unknown one on, the high pressure fuel pump is expensive!
You must be registered for see images attach

Silvestr

Reaction score
Je to prvek Racor, spodní plastový nástavec se odšroubuje, černý nástavec v ruce je filtr, po odšroubování spodku se uvolní

It's a Racor element, the bottom plastic bit unscrews, the black bit in your hand is the filter, it will come off once the bottom is unscrewed.
yes great thanks i got it already. I don't know, I want to do as much as possible myself, but I'm afraid of ruining it

Silvestr

Reaction score
The later filter is the plastic body one you will have seen elsewhere, it's rubbish compared to the aluminium one you have, you appear to have a genuine filter on it, wonder when that was last changed???

This is the correct filter, don't put a cheap unknown one on, the high pressure fuel pump is expensive!
yes it looks original. plus there's a lot of nastiness. unfortunately, since I don't know anything about it, they gave me a screw-on filter, now thanks to you I know which one to put in there

ps, if it is really original it is very bad, I have almost 200k km on it

Silvestr

Reaction score

and please, I unscrewed the upper part, is that wrong? should i take off the plastic transparent bottom part?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bottom part unscrews for cleaning the filter also unscrews from the body, on the top of the body there is a big plastic knob, that is the primer pump, once it's all back together you unscrew the knob and remove the brass bleed plug, then pull the knob up gently and push it down until diesel comes out of the bleed plug, once you have diesel coming out, put the brass plug back in, give the pump another stroke to push fuel up to the engines injection pump and screw the knob back down. The engine is now ready to start, it may take longer than normal to start as it will still have some air in the lines.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bleed screw

Priming pump knob