HOW TO: Add Leather (or power) seats to a KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Transferring OCM/Airbag Hardware

It looks as though it may be incredibly easy to transfer over the Occupant Classification Module (OCM), weight bladder and sensor, and other hoorah from the 05 manual seat to the 02 pwr/htd seat on the passenger.

Looking thru both service manuals, exploded parts drawings, and comparing part numbers, it appears that except for the addition of "bedsprings" and the metal bracket for the OCM, the seat cushion frame on the 05 manual seat is identical to the seat cushion frame on the 02 power seat.

It may be a simple as removing the seat cushion and frame from the 05 seat, with the OCM and all it's associated hardware still intact, then removing the 05 cushion and cover, installing the 02 leather cover and cushion on the 05 cushion frame, then installing this hybrid cushion assembly on the 02 power seat. I'm going to leave the 05 10 pin black connector, with the 3 wires for the OCM, as is and route the wires for the 02 seat power and heat separately - I don't want to tempt fate any more than necessary.;)

One other item - the 05 DOES NOT have a seatbelt switch in the seatbelt buckle on the passenger seat - it uses a tension sensor that is in the anchor buckle on the outboard side of the seat, and is connected into the OCM module. The seatbelt switch on an 02 or 03 passenger seat shouldn't be connected to anything in an 05, and you have to use the 05 passenger seatbelt, with the tension sensor connected to the OCM, for the OCM and passenger airbag to work correctly.
Hello does somebody kept picture from Bluphant work ? I want to do it after buying one but i am french native and thats a lots of writings ;)
Please find my pictures. My tissu seats are from belgium 2006 2.8L CRD and the leather seats came from 2006 french 2.8L CRD KJ. Should be similar !

Attachments

• tissu seat.jpeg
    tissu seat.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 5
  • leather seat.jpeg
    leather seat.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 4
  • leather seat connector female + male from another KJ.jpeg
    leather seat connector female + male from another KJ.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Members online