My 2004 Jeep liberty no turn signals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daddyjeeps2650

Reaction score
Hello I have this 04 keep liberty and I’m having some problems with it blowing turn signal fuses. I have checked connections in the turn signal houseing. on the backup lamp switch wiring I have been looking for the wire that go back up to the engine compartment and I believe I have a short to ground because when I try to put it in reverse it blows a fuse in the fuse box on 39

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    275.1 KB · Views: 2

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuse 39 is the interior panel/fuse. Does the fuse blow by activating turn signals alone? Or just in reverse?
I have the 2004 FSM but wow wiring is a PITA.

Daddyjeeps2650

Reaction score
Fuse 39 is the interior panel/fuse. Does the fuse blow by activating turn signals alone? Or just in reverse?
I have the 2004 FSM but wow wiring is a PITA.
Hazard Flasher (Turn Signals)/Backup Lamp Switch [Manual Transmission Only]/Transmission Range Switch [Automatic Transmission Only]

Idaho Tracy

Reaction score
Good morning. Thanks for this forum. I have been a member of the forum for several years and I have gleaned much from the forum, but I have not posted much up to this point. I have several problems somewhat related to the one expressed already but mine continues to grow. Mine started off by suddenly no turn signals (hazards work), I looked on the older posts addressing this problem and tried some of the suggested solutions. Nothing has help yet. Now the speedometer quit working and the ABS dash light has come on. In addition fuse 39 interior panel blows about as fast as it is replaced. I tried replacing the hazard switch but no cigar. I'm wondering if it would be a good move to have a mech shop check with their diagnostic computer and see what comes up. Other suggestions appreciated. I have an automatic trans. and an 04 liberty. Thanks again.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Find an "Automotive Electrical shop" that has s SNAP ON Ultra Modis Scanner.
Record on paper any stored codes present.
Known issue with electrical, 2 wire pigtail speedometer sensor above rear differential may be chaffed.