My "new" '06 KJ CRD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloorMatt

Reaction score
Well folks, I finally got around to taking at least two shots. Pardon the lighting on the first one.

All I've added were the vent shades and the tire cover (since I'm heading up to the University of Arkansas, I figure I might as well represent in that fashion). Oh, and the sticker from my undergrad university (the University of Houston - Downtown.)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

So, how's that for modding, eh? ;) (that was sarcasm, btw) Plenty of room for future work, I imagine.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

Hitch is aftermarket I think...FWIW.

Bet the KJ looks familiar to Marlon. ;)

FloorMatt

Reaction score
(welcome)

Hitch is aftermarket I think...FWIW.

Bet the KJ looks familiar to Marlon. ;)

I never bothered looking at the hitch that close. Currently, my plan is to throw this rear parking sensor on there that I got from Woot, a while back. Just for giggles.

I bet it looks familiar to Marlon, too. :cool:

FloorMatt

Reaction score
Looks good!
What are your plans for it?

There's no telling! That's part of the reason why I'm on this forum. Ideas, ideas, ideas! So many potential projects, so little time and money.

Being that as the case, I shall stick around and learn as much as I can for when the time (and money) is right! :D

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no telling! That's part of the reason why I'm on this forum. Ideas, ideas, ideas! So many potential projects, so little time and money.

Being that as the case, I shall stick around and learn as much as I can for when the time (and money) is right! :D

Do you plan to wheel it?
If so you already got the hitch, just get a set of tow hooks up front and some skids and you'll have a good start without spending too much money :)
It's taken me a year to get my KJ to where it is now, and its no where near where I want it.
Lift is on its way with stage 1 of 4 purchased , and a engine skid and homemade front skid will be next in line, then a real cat-back system :D
And maybe a set of rock rails if I can find some cheap enough steel.

FloorMatt

Reaction score
Do you plan to wheel it?
If so you already got the hitch, just get a set of tow hooks up front and some skids and you'll have a good start without spending too much money :)
It's taken me a year to get my KJ to where it is now, and its no where near where I want it.
Lift is on its way with stage 1 of 4 purchased , and a engine skid and homemade front skid will be next in line, then a real cat-back system :D
And maybe a set of rock rails if I can find some cheap enough steel.

Well, I have no clue of my intentions for it......although, I have eyed the front end, where the hooks would go.

I imagine a lot of the things that I shall see on this forum will make my eyes look like SHOCKED.gif and get me to start [-o< .

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It looks very familiar to me, even down to the cut in half Cummins Turbo Diesel badge!

I can't believe you actually took pics of it.

I'm proud of you FloorMatt. :)

Is that that stupid Toyota in the background you were telling me about?

FloorMatt

Reaction score
BFG Long Trail Tours. Good choice for a street tire!

And nice rig other than the Razorbacks BS :p

I agree, it's the right color and everything.

BTW, Go Blue! (University of Michigan)

Thank you both! GO HOGS! SOOooieeee! (I'm practicing!) :D

I was wondering about the tires. Alas, I will probably be an On-Road Jeep driver, for the most part.

I did decide that it was time to finally switch to Jeep because that part of Arkansas is somewhat different than my part of Texas. For one, it's like 60 ft (at best) above sea level here, while it's 1,300 ft there. With that as the case, it's a bit more hilly, plus a significantly higher chance for ice and snow (not as much as some of you get, but still more than I'm used to.)

With that in mind, I wanted to have the low-end torque of a diesel, for ease of driving up inclines (of the on-road variety), and 4x4 in case of inclement weather conditions.

It looks very familiar to me, even down to the cut in half Cummins Turbo Diesel badge!

I can't believe you actually took pics of it.

I'm proud of you FloorMatt. :)

Is that that stupid Toyota in the background you were telling me about?

I like that someone put that Turbo Diesel badge on there; plenty of people don't know what CRD stands for.

I knew I had to take some pics. I had it pulled out of the garage to look for something on that wall, so I thought....yeah, I better get a shot or two in!

And yes, that is an '09 Toyota Venza. ;) Not a bad car, for a Toyota. All it's missing (among the available options) is a sunroof, nav, and AWD.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh whatever Matthew of the Floor. We both know the only reason why you wanted that Jeep was because I had one. :)

Is FloorPDA adjusting well?

Last edited:

FloorMatt

Reaction score
Oh whatever Matthew of the Floor. We both know the only reason why you wanted that Jeep was because I had one. :)

Is FloorPDA adjusting well?

(yeahthat) I was jealous. :( But, I also knew that I could bug the heck out of you about random Jeep things! :D (and hopefully not look as stupid as I might have if I asked on here)

I should do a video of the Jeep running FloorPDA over.....at least, once I replace FloorPDA.

(FloorPDA is my phone, which Marlon has quite the disdain for.)