OEM Hitch Receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MME1122

Reaction score
I'm looking for a hitch receiver, but oem ones seem to be unobtanium these days.
No luck so far at junk yards either.

I found part number 52125247ac for the KK liberty, and 52109829ac for the Dodge Nitro, are they the same?
I also found 82210988AB for the Liberty, not sure if it's any different. This is the only one I found in stock any where to buy.

Any other part numbers I should look for? Any aftermarkets that are closer to the oem style that is more hidden?

Thanks in advance

ebgasolinedream024

Reaction score
82210988AB is the part number I have listed in my notes. I currently have that hitch on my liberty.

52125247ac and 82210988AB look the same to me based on the pictures. But, if MoparPartsGiant has the correct info 52125247ac does not appear to come with the jeep hitch plug, the edge trim that covers up the underside of the bumper, or the mounting bolts. You need to cut a bit of the bumper to install the hitch.

Looking quick on google the hitch plug can be purchased separately and the edge trim can be purchased from amazon. It's the same stuff used around the top of vego garden beds.

I don't know if 52109829ac will fit the liberty and couldn't find any relevant info about that part and compatibility with the liberty on google.

john e denson

Reaction score
Go to Uhaul Trailers in your area and see if they install. I could of got mine installed just as cheap as buying online w/o the aggravation of rewiring for plug in,

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Uhaul Trailers in your area and see if they install. I could of got mine installed just as cheap as buying online w/o the aggravation of rewiring for plug in,
Yeah, my factory hitch got replaced with a U-Haul model somewhere along the way.

MME1122

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did find a hitch locally off of a nitro, the only number I can find on it is 52125048. But I'll try fitting it up and see how it goes.