Ok I feel some what ignorant asking this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
06 CRD transmission mount

I purchased an 06 Liberty somebody had already tore into it .transmission's out of it and I'm trying to replace it or put it back actually .but I come to the parts that came with it that are the transmission mounts and I'm not sure if I've got extra parts missing parts or what the heck is going on here cuz they're a little bit different than the transmission mounts in the 3.7. does anybody have an itemized list of what's actually supposed to be bolted to the transmission mount on the 06 diesel or schematic of some sort cuz I'm not real sure what all parts I'm supposed to have or not have I just know the transmission is longer and it's not the same as 04 any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are stuck I can get you some pictures of mine.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
I'm stuck for sure I have tried evey configuration with what I have available parts wise. but it looks as though the jeep came with half the mount for a 3.7 and half the mount for a crd. I believe I'm missing the adapter from the transmission to the crossmember mount. Since I didn't take it apart and have never worked on a 06 crd I don't know wuhat is supposed to be there. I bought my self a 500 hundred dollar jigsaw puzzle with extras that do not coinside with the specific model. and now know why the guy I bought it from gave up on it and sold it so cheap. I have threatened to burn it a couples times myself. Especially figuring out what bolt go's where since they came in a bucket with extras purchased by the previous owner. and he didn't manage to buy the correct bolts. Because in the world of automotive it was a general rule of thumb that all the bolts on a bell housing are atleast the same thread pitch and diameter. But clearly that was a bad assumption. And has been a challenge.

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh the joys! I will get a few photos in the morning.
And the old 2.8 is a nice drive, I've just pulled my caravan out to the east coast with mine, it's effortless, way better than the d4d rav4 I had before

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
thanks good to hear that the reward is worth the effort. And I learned something from this never purchase something someone else has torn down thinking it can't be that difficult. unless you have the identical one setting in the drive way tow be able to take two make one. and reference off of. I would rather fabricate another 12 in lift to go under one than try and figure out what bolt goes where and which one is it especially never turning a wrench on a completed one. And 3 other mechanics have worked on it and never completed it. just bought a lot of the wrong parts. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have tossed the bucket in the shead and just went to the dealer and bought them all. Or bought the taps to make them all the same size it would have made life alot easier. lol

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
Moved this to the CRD diesel Section.
There are crd diagrams & parts listings etc to be found in link below, hope this helps.
https://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/
thank you, wish I would of thought to check before I started. Seeing how T mobile had decided to update their tower just about the time I was figuring out that I was going to get to play 52 pickup with 50 bolts laying on a piece of plywood in the yard. I managed to finally figure out what the deal was and I didn't have what was needed. After that the internet came back on. lol Guess my luck was a little on the thin side of things

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
I was reminded how badly 80s and early 90s sucked when it came to working on things you never been around before. like trying to figure out how to get your first ac line apart when they got cheap and started using the push locks system and trying to figure out what held it without being able to see it. and not break it. fun time there.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
while I'm here and the fact there isn't any vacuum lines to reference off of and a few vacuum ports I have seen on the transmission and transfer cases. Is there a general location that they tie in to or are they randomly placed through out the engine compartment. because that the next Hide and seek game I'll have to look in too.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this what you want to see?
You must be registered for see images attach

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
yeah, buying someone else's project can be risky
you got that right, it was a decent buy I think , till i get to the point i place it in gear and figure out that it still needs a trany or tranfer case. and I just wasted $400 on atf 4 filters and sensors only to start over. which I don't know how well the 42
Is this what you want to see?
nope not even remotely close to what I have lit me take a few pictures mine is about 12 inches in length 2 inches wide with 4 studs mounting it to the crossmember and a bolt plate on top with 4 mounting holes in a rectangular pattern that doesn't match the transmission. then I also have the rubber mount that bolts to a spacer that adapts to the transmission bolt pattern but the four studs onit matches nothing and all three together will not let the crossmember bolt up even if there was a way to bolt the mounting hard ware together . I'll be back in a few with pics

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
you got that right, it was a decent buy I think , till i get to the point i place it in gear and figure out that it still needs a trany or tranfer case. and I just wasted $400 on atf 4 filters and sensors only to start over. which I don't know how well the 42

nope not even remotely close to what I have lit me take a few pictures mine is about 12 inches in length 2 inches wide with 4 studs mounting it to the crossmember and a bolt plate on top with 4 mounting holes in a rectangular pattern that doesn't match the transmission. then I also have the rubber mount that bolts to a spacer that adapts to the transmission bolt pattern but the four studs onit matches nothing and all three together will not let the crossmember bolt up even if there was a way to bolt the mounting hard ware together . I'll be back in a few with pics

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, we should have the same RFE545?? Mine is a 2004 but I don't think they changed.

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
clearly it's not the oem transmission or I'm missing parts I have been thinking about just redrilling the cross member

Attachments

• 20240830_033927.jpg
    20240830_033927.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240830_033814.jpg
    20240830_033814.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240830_033851.jpg
    20240830_033851.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240830_033759.jpg
    20240830_033759.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240830_033828.jpg
    20240830_033828.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 7

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's been lost and swapped for one off a hemi??

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
To be honest your guess is as good as mine on that one I know about as much as you do now as far as what been done with that Jeep or what's happened to the OEM parts

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
To be honest your guess is as good as mine on that one I know about as much as you do now as far as what been done with that Jeep or what's happened to the

joshgoble

Setting on 37x13.5x 17
Reaction score
The smaller bolt pattern rubber Mount will Bolt to the spacer plate that's bolted to the transmission but it won't attaches the crossmember the cross member that has the long transmission mount on it will not bolt to either the transmission nor the adapter plate. Now what I could do as weld a plate to the bottom of the adapter plate that mounts to the transmission and widen the bolt holes and mount the long bracket to the transmission that way or I could take and redrill the crossmember and mount the small rubber mount directly to the crossmember and I think the heights would come out pretty close at that point on either Direction but I didn't really want to do a whole lot of fabrication if there was actually a plate that adhered the two together on one or the other