SPORT Disc & brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
This summer I bought from Poland an electronic device to have more power couple. it works perfectly, now the turbo is running from the first gear.
Its solve one problem I had before, sometimes i lost power and need to turn off the KJ and then restart the motor to get back with power, so strange.
Does anyone can advise for sport disc and brakes pads ? Sport disc are less heavy and may bring more security and confort. What do you think ?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand the question, as far as I know they all have the same vented disks at the front and solid at the rear. I have a Sport and a Limited CRD and both use the same pads and disks. With a 3500kg towing capacity and a 500kg load capacity it gives a max train weight of 6000kg, I don't pull that much but with a loaded trailer or caravan I'm probably around 4500 ~ 5000kg and the standard brakes are fine with that (trailer & caravan have brakes too as required by law here, not sure about France?)
Oh and the hand brake is rubbish, just sufficient to pass the annual inspection but won't hold the car against the diesel on tickover if the box is in drive.

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
Sorry I don't understand the question, as far as I know they all have the same vented disks at the front and solid at the rear. I have a Sport and a Limited CRD and both use the same pads and disks. With a 3500kg towing capacity and a 500kg load capacity it gives a max train weight of 6000kg, I don't pull that much but with a loaded trailer or caravan I'm probably around 4500 ~ 5000kg and the standard brakes are fine with that (trailer & caravan have brakes too as required by law here, not sure about France?)
Oh and the hand brake is rubbish, just sufficient to pass the annual inspection but won't hold the car against the diesel on tickover if the box is in drive.
Yes big boss you didn't understood my question but thanks for your answer. Can you help me to find the right types or the rear pads because 2 are possible : My VIN is 1J4G6E8566W183821

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
Have you noticed any other changes since installing that device?
yes if you turn on the power button located on the gear command, the RPM grow up immediatly, i don't turn it on now ;) Anyway before it was not so efficient i think, so i didn't used it. the gasoline consumption is reduced by 5-7%. My 4 glow plugs are quite new.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

France 16 Olivier

Reaction score
My plan is to replace the plain rear disc and brake disc with sport ones. I am looking for the "aviation" brake flexible maker if anyone knows ? Because they don't exist in tunning shops... I sent an email to goodridge France.

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will probably be able to find a company in France that makes braided brake holes, if not this company may ship them to you.

And as far as I know there is only one pad size for the rear with disk brakes, these are good quality pads, I use them on my Jeep. The two options you have been offered are probably with wear sensors and without wear sensors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241004_193534_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241004_193534_Chrome.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 0

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is to replace the plain rear disc and brake disc with sport ones. I am looking for the "aviation" brake flexible maker if anyone knows ? Because they don't exist in tunning shops... I sent an email to goodridge France.

'Sport' means base trim level. 'Limited' means more fancy trim and chrome. Horribly meaningless naming, Imho.

The brakes are the same for either one.