2005 jeep liberty pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfanslau

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know what the pump in the upper left corner on my jeep liberty 2.8 l diesel is called and what does it do
Bob

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A pic would help,. but if you mean the filter canister and push pump attached to the firewall on the (US) drivers side of the engine compartment, that is your diesel fuel filter and manual pump to purge the air and prime the filter after a filter change.

rfanslau

Reaction score
No it runs off the sepertine belt looking at the engine it's the top left pully

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Again a pic would help ;), but maybe your talking about the viscous heater, which uses kinetic energy to warm the engine coolant faster in order to heat the cabin faster in cold climates.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's the Viscous heater. Mine is still squealing, I must change the bearing....

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a big job to change the bearing

If you don't live in a very cold climate where you need faster cabin heat, IMO its MUCH better to eliminate the VH entirely by buying a delete kit.

Doing this eliminates a failure point, makes more room in your engine bay, simplifies coolant hoses and even adds a negligible amount of HP or MPG by removing the parasitic drag of the VH, though it certainly wont be anything noticeable,

Forum member WWdiesel makes a nice one.

rfanslau

Reaction score
I am trying wwdiesel and then search comming up not found. Did they stop making that kit

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WWDiesel is more active on LostJeeps, which is strange because, unfortunately, LJ is almost a zombie website now.

But here is a post he made about the delete kits last year on jeepkj and you should be able to message him through the post.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you cant get ahold him through forum DM, then DM me and I'll give you his email address from my correspondance with him.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a job I'm going to do on mine, it looks very similar to the AC clutch pully so I don't imagine it's much more of a job than changing the bearing on the AC, there are a few writeups on the Internet on changing it if you do a search, I'll pop up a few pictures and the bearing numbers on here when I do it.

rfanslau

Reaction score
Looks like you remove the center nut pull out the clutch and then remove a spring clip and pull off the pully. And press out and in the bearing. Yea bearing numbers would help. And I like to also look in to the delete kit.

rfanslau

Reaction score
I been looking to obtain a bearing also. And I cannot find anything on line the one post has a auto zone number but looking it up it looks as if it's for the air conditioner pully

rfanslau

Reaction score
Mt2149 auto zone. But I am not shur it seem to be for the a/c could they be the same

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW did we ever find out if this bearing is 35x52x22 or 30x52x22?

Verified 35mm ID X 52mm OD x 22mm.
-

up 7 posts from the bottom of page 2. Many bearings like this have several applications. Note - I have never done a VC but the guys on lostjeeps are using what is in the posts.