A/C has me stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best you can do is to check the pressure on high side as soon as you feel the ac is not cooling as it should. Just to discard the condensor.

siscofarms

Reaction score
Finally got the right parts which took 2 weeks , :rolleyes: . But everything is as it should be . Blowing cold air at the right pressures . New condensor did the trick . I havent yet but I do plan on cutting into it just to see what was going on . Anyways . Thanks for advice . Sure Ill be back on here eventually for something else . I love my crd libbey but it can be a little odd to figure out sometimes and there just aint that many ,atleast around here .

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the right parts which took 2 weeks , :rolleyes: . But everything is as it should be . Blowing cold air at the right pressures . New condensor did the trick . I havent yet but I do plan on cutting into it just to see what was going on . Anyways . Thanks for advice . Sure Ill be back on here eventually for something else . I love my crd libbey but it can be a little odd to figure out sometimes and there just aint that many ,atleast around here .
Nice to hear back from you, so many people post on here, get a few answers and never come back.
The CRDs are brilliant, just make sure you keep up with oil changes and the cambelt service.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! So, recapitulating you changed the refrigerant liquid house (where the expansion valve is located) plus the condenser?

siscofarms

Reaction score
Good news! So, recapitulating you changed the refrigerant liquid house (where the expansion valve is located) plus the condenser?
yes . had it completely apart and blowed all the lines out , reassembled with new parts , and all is good now .

Turboman280

Reaction score
Where did you find the condenser to fit a CRD? I ordered one from Rockauto which they said would fit, but it was too wide to tuck into the intercooler like it needs to.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find the condenser to fit a CRD? I ordered one from Rockauto which they said would fit, but it was too wide to tuck into the intercooler like it needs to.

The CRD uses an AC condensor that is also a combined AT cooler. Mopar does not make them anymore and most people are forced to replace them with an aftermarket AC condensor and then try to fit and add an extra AT cooler.
Nissen still makes the combined unit but hey are generally out of stock,

I have an extra brand new Nissen unit that will definitely fit a KJ CRD. It is sitting in my shop and I do not need it…

PM me with your zip code if you are interested and I can make you a fair deal on it.

BigMopar440

Reaction score

siscofarms

Reaction score
I got mine through Orileys . Took a few days to get it but it slid right in and all fittings were the same .

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CRD uses an AC condensor that is also a combined AT cooler. Mopar does not make them anymore and most people are forced to replace them with an aftermarket AC condensor and then try to fit and add an extra AT cooler.
Nissen still makes the combined unit but hey are generally out of stock,

I have an extra brand new Nissen unit that will definitely fit a KJ CRD. It is sitting in my shop and I do not need it…

PM me with your zip code if you are interested and I can make you a fair deal on it.
AC condenser with AT cooler? AT == automatic transmission?
Interesting.
The early KJ gassers have the AT cooler combined with the radiator.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two for the price of one! This shows it quite clearly.
You must be registered for see images attach

Turboman280

Reaction score
Yeah, I just bypassed the leaking trans cooler and installed a Hayden unit, but would like to have installed a new condenser while it was out. My old one still works though.