Blackstone report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike

Reaction score
'07 Liberty Sport, +/- 72,000 miles. Changed the oil 5-27-24, 71,665 miles. Pevious oil change was 12-3-22, 69,615 miles. Sent a sample to Blackstone. Got the report from them Tuesday (6-25, attached). All in all I think it's a good report, based on their comments. There are three items that are slightly above the "universal averages"; molybdenum, silicon, and magnesium. Can anyone tell me what these three are a sign of? Anybody see anything I should be concerned about? Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• blackstone report.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 5

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe Moly is just part of the oils additive package, I wouldn't worry about it. Not sure about the magnesium.

On the silicon, that can be a crappy air filter or an air filter thats not sealed well. I had a very high silicon content on one of my ZJ's and they said to check the filter. While it was a K&N, so not the best filtration, the edge was also torn and allowing unfiltered air in.

You can email them back and they will reply, Ive done it before.

mike

Reaction score
I believe Moly is just part of the oils additive package, I wouldn't worry about it. Not sure about the magnesium.

On the silicon, that can be a crappy air filter or an air filter thats not sealed well. I had a very high silicon content on one of my ZJ's and they said to check the filter. While it was a K&N, so not the best filtration, the edge was also torn and allowing unfiltered air in.

You can email them back and they will reply, Ive done it before.
Thanks JeepJeepster. I'll be sure to check the air filter. I kinda remember putting in a new one recently, mayhaps I didn't close things up right.

Latest posts

Members online