What did you do to your Jeep today? -Wrangler Edition-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
No sales tax here, just a ridiculous charge to use the poorly maintained roads £415 this year!
I’ll trade your roads for ours, but that’s a helluva bill. I remember enjoying driving in the UK quite a bit. Omaha has unpaved, unmaintained roads in.the.city!
If it makes you feel better the tax/title/ registration when I bought it was 3600$. My Liberty was 35$ for everything By comparison.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep an older jeep because anything newer than 2005 gets thumped for tax, it's over £700 for a later one... with more emission controls, work that one out!
Sounds like you need a Jeep to get round the city! Ive never been to America, whenever I see it on tv its long straight tarmac roads, i assumed it was all like that!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I keep an older jeep because anything newer than 2005 gets thumped for tax, it's over £700 for a later one... with more emission controls, work that one out!
Sounds like you need a Jeep to get round the city! Ive never been to America, whenever I see it on tv its long straight tarmac roads, i assumed it was all like that!
Nah, mostly gravel and something called tar and chip for the bulk of the country. Tarmac is used around cities but is more common in the southeast of the country, but mostly concrete in the urban areas their too. Concrete holds up slightly better than tarmac due to the temperature extremes.

Ever notice the streets are always wet on TV and movies? Makes it look better.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Students have returned for fall term. The jeep is now a secondary office and respite for us faculty that smoke and need "heavy metal minutes" to cope.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^ Lets not forget about the federal and state per gallon gasoline taxes that are supposed to go to highway and roads construction and maintenance.

Nationally this tax averaging totals about .40/gallon, but in California, state gas tax alone is almost .70/gallon, which brings the California gas taxes\, including sales tax close to 1$/gallon for diesel, which for some reason is taxed at a higher rate then gasoline.

I wouldn't even necessarily mind if they actually maintained the roads properly. Another interesting note is that EV's dont pay these taxes despite still using the same roads.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Spent the morning running around town picking up materials to finish the repairs from the monster storm on July31st. 60’ of gutters, 30’ of downspouts, chainlink fence repair bits, 50lbs of post set concrete, and most excitingly, 50’ of light fencing materials to build a “exclusionary training zone” as the pug rescue has a little guy no one wants!
He’s a pug/chihuahua mix that likes chewing/eating sticks, has a meter high vertical jump, and will need doggy door training. We are well versed with this difficult for the average pug-people
breed mix.They are fun as hell, but highly energetic and have to be protected from themselves while learning dog rules… So I turned our back patio and deck into a jump proof, dig proof, chew proof zone that we can easily keep clear of sticks. This will allow our two pugs to continue to use their doggy door while we train Gustavo. The Warpug has trained quite a few newbies in his time, so this won’t be too difficult.

Here’s a shot of “Goose” at his foster home featuring the 6.4 seconds per day he’s not running around like a madman.
You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Getting ready for the penultimate Jeep show in the Eastern Nebraska metro. Also re-equipping and doing maintenance getting ready for winter and Uber runs.
Daddy needs integral solar, ARB locker upgrades, a winch I'll never need, and a trip to Vermont to requalify as a top roper and backcountry first responder.

Am in negotiations to become a park ranger/ resident naturalist for the NPS. RubiKHAAAAN is integral to the plan!

lfhoward

Wheel. Repair. Repeat.
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This all sounds fun! As a former Vermonter and fan of NPS I approve!

Here is my thread on adding solar to my KK. You've probably seen it but if not, maybe it will spark some ideas.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Mini roadtrip to interview with NPS. Using veteran's preference, the job is mine if I want it. I have until January to decide. Can't say where, but is fossil related, seasonal, and pays more than I'm making now. Downside is either away from home M-F for the summer or relocate.