2004 Drivers side leak from fire wall wire harness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepinSteve

Reaction score
Hello. My 2004 Liberty is leaking from the firewall wiring harness on the drivers side just to the left of the clutch pedal as you can see in the picture. I put a hose to the bottom of the windshield and I could see the water flowing in. I know that wiring harness comes in from the engine bay and not under the cowl. When water flows off the bottom of the window, should it be able to make it into the engine bay? Is there a drain that is possibly draining into the engine bay. The seal that separates the engine from the cowl is in perfect condition, so It's not coming in from there. I will take off the cowl when I have time and run some water into it to see if I can figure it out. I'll also look at the bottom of the window to make sure the window is making a good seal. Anyone experience a leak from this area? Thanks.

Attachments

• Jeep water leak.jpg
    Jeep water leak.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 9

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Water leaks are no fun.
My KJ windshield was leaking on passenger side & failed the water test. Glass shop successfully removed glass & re sealed it & it still leaked.:eek:
Then I ran a fine bead of clear GE silicone along the top edges & it stopped.
Remove /pry up wipers to access the plastic cowl. There are a few welded seams, that can cause leaks.
You will want to inspect things closely on driver's side.
Hope this helps..

Attachments

• Windshield clip3.jpg
    Windshield clip3.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Windshield 3.jpg
    Windshield 3.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Windshield 4.jpg
    Windshield 4.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 8