What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two Monroes.
And I got the forbidden lift kit.
I don't like the angle of the mount plate and the mount bush.
So, I won't use it as is.
Under research.
Or rather, the shock boots aren't included...I don't use it though.

Attachments

• IMG_2024-06-16-08-37-20-251.jpg
    IMG_2024-06-16-08-37-20-251.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 9

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your weapon of choice for deflators?
I have a set of 4 simple deflators that screw onto the valve stems and let air out. I didn’t use them this time though. Just used the back side of my tire pressure gauge where there is a nub for pressing in the schrader valve. 35 seconds per tire took it from 34 to 22 psi. I was thinking I would have to move pretty quick with the deflators to get all the way around to all 4 tires in 35 seconds… I would be a one man pit crew.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
That’s handy! I don’t have the patience to let some out then check the pressure then let some more out .. etc etc

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have made a simple four tyre in/deflator. Works fantastic and is very quick. I also have the ARB deflator
but it is not so quick as you have to do one tyre at a time... Also I have the bonus that all tyres have
the same pressure, when in/deflating all tyres together. It takes me 1min to deflate 4 tyres from 36psi to 23psi.
Off course it takes 2-3mins to take out the in/deflator and put it back, but I do not have to be on my knees any more (age...),
I put all 4 air-chucks and in/deflate from the front of the car standing. Very happy with it and it took me 10mins to assemble.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have made a simple four tyre in/deflator. Works fantastic and is very quick. I also have the ARB deflator
but it is not so quick as you have to do one tyre at a time... Also I have the bonus that all tyres have
the same pressure, when in/deflating all tyres together. It takes me 1min to deflate 4 tyres from 36psi to 23psi.
Off course it takes 2-3mins to take out the in/deflator and put it back, but I do not have to be on my knees any more (age...),
I put all 4 air-chucks and in/deflate from the front of the car standing. Very happy with it and it took me 10mins to assemble.
It's on my long list of projects to make one for myself.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I rode Giddyup to my local wheel and brake shop for a front end alignment.

I had noticed a little inner tire wear on her last rotation, and since tires are so expensive, I just wanted to nip that in the bud.

Unfortunately instead of needing an alignment, her lower ball joints had about 1/8"play in them, which means the 1A-Auto "Lifetime Warranty" parts that I used for the front end rebuild during the C19 lockdown are total p**p ... having not lasted 3 years of not even off road use!!!

I NEVER buy that kinda crap for ANY of my vehicles, and actually agonized over buying them before biting the bullet, but my woodworking business was suffering during the Covid lockdown so I had to conserve $$ and now Im paying for it ...GRRRRR!

Not even sure what Im gonna replace them, since I bought ALL of the front suspension components in kit form from 1A and now it feels like I'll be throwing good money after bad if put some Mopars BJ's in their crappy parts.

Any ideas??

Last edited:

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear brake rotors and pads. Had the boy help me. Kept him off the video games for a bit.
You must be registered for see images attach
Good experience for him. The drivers side rear on mine was easy, the passenger side fought me even after turning back the auto adjusters for the parking brake on the 2006

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Community College has a heavy vehicle maintenance program. A student was looking to make extra money while school is out for the summer, and I hired him to replace my lower front ball joints. I’m glad I did, it would have taken me twice as long. Now I have Moog greaseable joints installed, plus two new wheel speed sensors because of course the old ones broke. Everything is good so far, and the work might have eliminated a squeak.

LFX1

Reaction score
I put the first of new doors on my 07,ill get some pics as we progress. Bro cleaned up sandblasted fixed any issues, these were really clean, cleanest I have seen in Ohio, once these are done we hope to concure the rockers.

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The temperature rose and the Trac-Lok started chattering.
Even with 85W-140 and additives, it gets noisy the second summer.
Maybe it's because the tread is 120mm wider.
It smells too bad.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of errands to run in South Jersey today. Since the shortest distance between two points is a straight line …

… I found myself in the Wharton State Forest. ;)

At one point the dry sand was getting a little dicey. Around here they call it sugar sand, and it is easy to get stuck in this stuff. I was 0.2 miles from my next turn but too far in this stuff.

The next things I did was to air down to 22 lbs in the tires and turn around. Airing down helped the ride quality by an order of magnitude as well as in stability and traction.

A side road I passed a mile back was just right. The trees shaded the road just enough to keep the sand firm, unlike where the sun had baked it dry earlier.

Bonus points for you if you noticed that the left side of the road had been controlled burned by the NJ Forest Fire Service.

The right side had thick scrub oak taller than me. Lots of wildfire fuel.

The left side was neatly cleaned up by the flames. The fire was probably a few weeks ago as the huckleberry and blueberry were already resprouting. Next year the berries here will be epic.

Continuing on …

The creek water is black with tannins from the vegetation. Beautiful. Also acidic and nutrient poor. The mossy shore is a good place to find carnivorous plants.

As I emerged from the woods I stopped at a campground to air up my tires to 34 psi again. Wheeling is so much fun. Especially impromptu wheeling. I did play it pretty cautious as I had no way of recovering the Jeep by myself. Is a ATH winch bumper in my future??? I wish!!

Thanks for tagging along if you read this far. :)
And you avoided the Jersey Devil...well done.