What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*sigh*
"new" left rear caliper is bad. sticks when applied. can get it to retract by compressing the piston. lines are clear (replaced in 2021) and flushed with all new fluid, so it's not any of that. damnit!
I had one like that, there was muck stuck in the seal slot so when the pedal was pressed it nipped the piston. Had to pop the piston and seal out and clean the groove.

profdlp

Fired
Reaction score
Changed the oil pressure sensor. I also managed to drop the old one down... somewhere... and can't find it to save my life. I finally made sure it wasn't blocking anything that needed to move and gave up.

Thanks to all of you you put me on the right track! Once I got in there it really seemed like that was the likely source of the tiny drip. I wiped everything down good and tried to clean all the drips and drabs off the garage floor, though the so-called concrete cleaner I used didn't seem to make a dent in the stuff on the floor. I guess the oil spray underneath might get me a little rustproofing. (Trying to be philosophical here.) ;)

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"new" left rear caliper is bad. sticks when applied. can get it to retract by compressing the piston.

Could also still be a sticking slide pin not allowing the caliper to retract?? But you probably already checked that !!!

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had one like that, there was muck stuck in the seal slot so when the pedal was pressed it nipped the piston. Had to pop the piston and seal out and clean the groove.
yea I ain't mucking with it. RA is sending a replacement.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could also still be a sticking slide pin not allowing the caliper to retract?? But you probably already checked that !!!
yea I made sure everything was already slick as snot before I installed it.

on a good note, at least I got the parking brake system to work finally.
and i'll be picking up an 8.5x20 enclosed trailer, as soon as the jeep is fixed. $2300 ( gotta dispose of 2 mattresses for the guy, netting me a $200 discount to that price. :D ) price tag. 2000 Haulmark TS8520T2 that needs a little cleaning on the outside (ok, a LOT of cleaning!) but given what trailers go for around here (used or new. it's disgusting) a little sweat equity i can provide. Heck I'll let mother nature help... next time it decides to rain i'd just spray bomb it with some SuperClean (the evil purple stuff), let it sit, then let the rain wash it off. Do that a couple times until most of the grime is gone, then i'll get to scrubbing.