What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fear you may be right but, as far as I know, my luck's held. Actually, that reminds me I meant to find a bit of suitably heavy duty plastic sheeting but, of course, it's too late now.
I'm in Nottingham for a long weekend, it's chucking down! Hopefully you are somewhere dryer!

ikuo78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent the last part of my summer vacation at a lake at an altitude of 1600m.
A monkey stole my bread, but it was a very comfortable temperature around 15-23℃.

In the end, the struts could not be replaced. . .

You must be registered for see images attach

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battery was flat yesterday morning, cars been sitting for around a week, chucked the one off my other jeep on it & discovered that wasn't going to start a 2.8 auto. The red top off the 2.8 has had 24 hours on charge and seems to be holding 12.6v so I'll find out tomorrow morning if I need to sell a kidney for a new red top!

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
KJ's seem to have a unique relationship with their batteries. Mine wouldn't start after I'd been away for 3 or 4 weeks, wouldn't jump start, battery didn't respond to charging, despite showing a similar voltage, in terms of turning the engine over. It had shown similar symptoms a couple of years earlier, when I didn't know the age of the battery, so just replaced it. This time it took overnight charging every weekend for about 6 weeks &, touch wood, seems to be OK.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KJ's seem to have a unique relationship with their batteries. Mine wouldn't start after I'd been away for 3 or 4 weeks, wouldn't jump start, battery didn't respond to charging, despite showing a similar voltage, in terms of turning the engine over. It had shown similar symptoms a couple of years earlier, when I didn't know the age of the battery, so just replaced it. This time it took overnight charging every weekend for about 6 weeks &, touch wood, seems to be OK.
It's working as usual at the moment, I wonder if the alarm was set off while I was away and it drained the battery???
I'm offshore for 4 days now so I'll find out if I need to lug the 25kg jump pack out shortly! Fingers crossed!!

LFX1

Reaction score
Replaced my leaky thermostat today, didn't have time to do a test drive, but I let it run to get to temp, no leaks, and let the air bubbles burp out hopefully take it for a short ride tomorrow, see how it goes.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did some wheeling yesterday with my friend and some kiddos, his oldest daughter's nitro got hot and was left behind while we continued the rest of the way up. Probably for the best as I don't think it would have made it due to it's stock form. I was glad to have the clearance and the limited slips otherwise I Probably wouldn't have made it either. It got steep and loose. Kids loved it, my son wanted to go again today.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
Well my luck ran out Friday night when Torbay had more rain than for the whole f the Summer 'til then. Fortunately, its parking place is fairly sheltered so I only had to wipe down the inside of the door (there was a bout 2" of water in the door pull) and the passenger seat.

What I'd forgotten was that while it's been laid up I let the insurance lapse so replacing the window's down to me. The regulator arrived during the week - but still waiting for the window, on the other hand it's only costing me £22 (iirc) & at least I found someone that would ship glass (most won't, because it's uninsurable - so my old mate at the former DorsetJeep told me). Not looking forward to the job, but for once, not because it's a KJ.

Did find a plastic bag big enough to over the opening, so that'll keep the worst of any more rain out. However, it does make it obvious there's no window, whereas before, with no uninterrupted view it wasn't. Then I spotted another parking space, that meant I could park much closer to a denser bush so even if it was noticed, you couldn't actually get up alongside the Jeep. The added bonus is, even if the rain was horizontal, little would reach that side.

I suppose I was just curious (but, in the end, proved the point) so used the KJ to jumpstart the XJ, which, apart from starting it last weekend using leads & the new battery, had lain dormant since mid-May.

Last edited:

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOT on the KJ, but working on the exceptional Cummins powered truck … replacing the slipping SBC Con OFE clutch with a Valair dual disk organic clutch.

Got the G56 ****** dropped today … would have been over 300# to lower, but pulled the TC first.

LFX1

Reaction score
NOT on the KJ, but working on the exceptional Cummins powered truck … replacing the slipping SBC Con OFE clutch with a Valair dual disk organic clutch.

Got the G56 ****** dropped today … would have been over 300# to lower, but pulled the TC first.

UG dreading doing this to my truck, already did the oil pan had to get the diff out the way, my bro hurt himself another job so I'm in this one alone if I do in next 2 months. Not looking forward to it.

Erskine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, having just made my own viscous heater delete, with a 3 week spell off road while i waited for the correct sized pulley to arrive. All done Hurrah!.
Now have found that my transfer box output bearing is rough as a badgers backside. Short of paying a fortune to have the box rebuilt, or fitting an unknown second hand one, had anyone managed to replace just this bearing. When I put 'transfer box' into the search function it brings back nothing!! Someone must have dealt with this surely. Any pointers gratefully received.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I put 'transfer box' into the search function it brings back nothing!! Someone must have dealt with this surely. Any pointers gratefully received.

Try searching for "transfer case" instead of "transfer box" ;)

Also when you determine exactly which TC you have on your KJ (there will be tag on it) , likely a NV241J or NV242, try searching for it on youtube...more then likely someone has done a rebuild on it and filmed it.

Of course, the question remains whether or not they actually did a decent job on the rebuild as well as a good job filming and explaining. :rolleyes:

Last edited: