What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final big truck update …as of noon today …. Maya rides again !!!! :cool:

First impressions — The heavy duty Valair dual disc organic "street" and "quiet" clutch set up with strapped floater plate is definitely MUCH easier and MUCH quieter and MUCH smoother on engagement then the medium duty SBC Con OFE that I replaced EVER was.

The clutch pedal depresses with substantially LESS effort, despite the 3800# pressure plate, and all of the gears engage tightly but with zero of the grabbing, bucking or notchiness that I always had with the Con OFE.

Downshifting in any gear, even into granny, is also effortless with zero or minimal double clutching, as opposed to the Con OFE, which ALWAYS needed double clutching and even then would not engage smoothly most times.

While there is some noticeable gear rollover noise in neutral, there is zero floater plate rattle with the clutch depressed. FURTHERMORE, the extra attention that I payed to quieting down the transmission tunnel and reinforcing the original sound and heat blanket, is CLEARLY noticeable as the cab is much, MUCH quieter with the windows rolled up and even with them rolled down.

In short, I am mightily impressed with this Valair clutch and simply wish that I had installed it many years ago!!!

Obviously, I haven't towed with it yet (thats on Tuesday;)) and I am sure that it will continue to break in for awhile, but even after my short test drive, the clutch pedal is already becoming firmer but NOT harder.

Oh yes, the new stop/go pedals I installed are ALSO nice and grippy on my boots!!!

Win, win, win… :cool:

LFX1

Reaction score
And of course got the freshly painted and modified skid plate installed with the 48RE/NV271 transfer case support bracket working the G56 transmission. :cool:

You must be registered for see images attach
So you said adapter bracket, are you upgrading the transfercase?

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you said adapter bracket, are you upgrading the transfercase?

Nope that transfer case support bracket is meant to support the NV271 when attached to a 48RE auto transmission and Ive got it adapted to fit the NV271 that is hanging from the G56 in my Dodge Ram. Involved drilling a single extra 3/4" hole in the correct location on my skid plate. ;)