What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd NEVER risk damage to the ball joint grease seals to remove a spindle (plus the extra work) just to change a wheelbearing/hub assembly.

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
X2 ^
At $5.50 per gallon,I am seriously thinking new fuel injectors here.
Lifted/ big tires = re-rear it.
Having too much stuff in jeep does not help either!
Currently I am driving at 15 mpg hwy....having to say...
54604[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• F%20MPG.jpg
    F%20MPG.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 0

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get tantilizingly close to 20mpg frequently. I've never seen more than that.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

5" of lift. Man shes sexy. Now just gotta get the bigger tires on.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5:45 this morning took the RR tire off, found the nail in it, pulled said nail, plugged tire, reinstalled and drove it to work. A truly great way to start the day.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5:45 this morning took the RR tire off, found the nail in it, pulled said nail, plugged tire, reinstalled and drove it to work. A truly great way to start the day.

Now, take it to a tire shop and have a patch installed inside to seal the innerliner.

Bob

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5" of lift. Man shes sexy. Now just gotta get the bigger tires on.

There ain't no flippin' way I could get a decent alignment at 5 inches of lift. At 3.75" it's barely in spec.

I've always wondered if my JBA UCA's are a little off - can't get enough camber out of them.

Good job 4x4kayak2112 :waytogo:

Bob

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ain't no flippin' way I could get a decent alignment at 5 inches of lift. At 3.75" it's barely in spec.

I've always wondered if my JBA UCA's are a little off - can't get enough camber out of them.

Bob
Theres something I did to them. Got it into spec

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob
^ Sometimes I often wonder if the shop alignment equipment is calibrated... is it out of alignment? :Good or Bad:
Or the guy doing the alignment, is he familiar with the KJ OR..has he been smoking something? :mexsmoke: :icon_lol:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Bob

All depends on how far you want to push things Bob
We build em to be DD and put on lots of miles everyday
Mines in spec at 4.5 but never going any higher, no need to and next build is going to be even lower

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All depends on how far you want to push things Bob
We build em to be DD and put on lots of miles everyday
Mines in spec at 4.5 but never going any higher, no need to and next build is going to be even lower
Mines a daily driver and I built it for daily driving. Basically I took the JBA 6" lift and "cut it down" to 5" lift. I have installed a few JBA 6" lifts, so I knew what went into them.

And I need to go higher with bigger tires because I have moved on from the malls and the ranch roads. Going to Rubicon here soon. Any of yall wanna tag along?

Heres the alignment sheet.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mines a daily driver and I built it for daily driving. Basically I took the JBA 6" lift and "cut it down" to 5" lift. I have installed a few JBA 6" lifts, so I knew what went into them.

And I need to go higher with bigger tires because I have moved on from the malls and the ranch roads. Going to Rubicon here soon. Any of yall wanna tag along?

Heres the alignment sheet.

:happy175::shrug::ROFLJest:
wow, who am/was I answering
If MOAB weren't so far away sure would love to go and show what 32s and 4 plus inches of lift would do.
have to remember I started out wheeling an old Willys with no lift ( same as the original Jeepers who went over the Rubicon )

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mounted the plow up and parked it outside by the road with the 'iPlow' sign on it.
mostly so I could have space in the garage to clean up the unmitigated disaster it's turned into.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mounted the plow up and parked it outside by the road with the 'iPlow' sign on it.
mostly so I could have space in the garage to clean up the unmitigated disaster it's turned into.

Hope you didn't post a phone number as well :icon_lol:
made that mistake one year
people frantic due to a dozen snow flakes at 3 AM wasn't funny after 8-10 calls :favorites68::shrug:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually, I did. :D

hey, if it gets me biz i'm all kinds of happy. Just hope people don't think they can call me after a mega storm ends and expect me to push 18" of heavy wet. The jeep ain't that big!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unrelated:
went outside to verify which trailer jack I need to get, to replace the now broken one. discovered the trailer plug is destroyed. looks like he dragged it on the ground from Ohio to here. it's ground down 3/4 way though 2 of the terminals!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
related:
the title to the jeep showed up today. :D
made the last payment 12/16/2015. thanks USAA!! :wave:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score

initial test: how to make a longer, plow adapter bracket.

yes, I know the underside needs some lovin'. it's coming... I promise.

suggestions on type of paint(s) to use under there would be appreciated. brush or rattle can, I don't care, although I'd think brush would be less messy and with less overspray.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online