What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad your gap & choice of plugs/ installation went well.
Ya it is easier if you just remove the two nuts on the reservoir and move it back a bit.
The first time I did the plugs was also about 2 hours, now I can do them in less than 45, still taking my time.
It is one of the easier vehicles to swap plugs on!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it'll never beat doing plugs on my K-car :D

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

After a long and lengthy time spent in garage (new lift, new tires, new motor, new all the little bit), Liberty finally Made it to work.. after 12 years of having a work car at home, i finally had to get a car to bring to work (well until my probation is up), and i can take my new work truck home with my new job....

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled it with fuel priced at 60.9 cents/gallon...local market has deal with local convenience stores to discount fuel based on grocery purchases...felt like I was back in 1975!

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled it with fuel priced at 60.9 cents/gallon...local market has deal with local convenience stores to discount fuel based on grocery purchases...felt like I was back in 1975!

Damn, I thought I did good at 1.94 a gallon.

Today was a new trans cooler and patch up the lines. I am really getting tired of looking up at my Jeep from underneath.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I thought I did good at 1.94 a gallon.

Today was a new trans cooler and patch up the lines. I am really getting tired of looking up at my Jeep from underneath.

Our Shell was $1.89/gal to start...we only had $0.30 off per gal, though, so we had to pay $1.59. If I only had to pay $0.609/gal, I think I'd pass out.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you have to wait in line like back during the embargo? :gr_grin:

Guess that was more like '74. Remember the odd even days?

I drove mine to work today with the sunroof open in December. That's just not right. :emotions34:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to wait in line like back during the embargo? :gr_grin:

Guess that was more like '74. Remember the odd even days?

Yeah. Pull in line, shut off the car. Start it to move one spot up, turn it off. Ad infinitum until you could get your 5 gals or whatever the limit was.

When my brother was with us, he just pushed the car forward so Mom didn't have to start it each time.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Pull in line, shut off the car. Start it to move one spot up, turn it off. Ad infinitum until you could get your 5 gals or whatever the limit was.

When my brother was with us, he just pushed the car forward so Mom didn't have to start it each time.

I remember sitting in line in our '73 Pontiac Grand Safari. Those cars back then could burn a gallon just sitting there idling for 5 minutes :happy175:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember sitting in line in our '73 Pontiac Grand Safari. Those cars back then could burn a gallon just sitting there idling for 5 minutes :happy175:

We were either in the white whale (a big white Chevy station wagon w/three seats) or the Pontiac LeMans (I don't remember what year; Pontiac blue with the pebbly white hardtop). They both drank some fuel.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest joke ever that embargo back then
I was working about 45 miles from home driving a old Bronco every day
Would just pull in and fill up any time I wanted to at the local garage
Fun sitting watching the evening news about the cities with people in line. Never remember having more than a car or two in front of me. :icon_lol:

We never had the odd-even days, that was for city folk

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same. Only lines I ever saw was on the TV. Getting gas any time you wanted, where I live, was the same then as it is now and always was. Only differences are the prices... oh, and the service. There are no "service" stations anymore.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changes coasts, jim. we'd rather trust ISIS to pump our gas than our citizens.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are at $1.00 a litre (up to 1.05.litre canadian)
1gallon = 3.78541Litre
figure im paying almost $3.79 a gallon(CANADIAN), and then the change over from canadian to us about 2.75/gallon...

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done: oil change, air filter, tire rotation (all 5), re-attach front diff breather hose, state inspection/emissions (passed!)

To do: replace drivers side mirror