What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my 04 is like that, this one is just getting started on the make over, only thing done so far was the leather seats

Where'd you find the leather seats? They look great. Mine are getting pretty ratty. Same color as those.

You don't have a few extra sets in you spare parts collection, do ya? :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where'd you find the leather seats? They look great. Mine are getting pretty ratty. Same color as those.

You don't have a few extra sets in you spare parts collection, do ya? :gr_grin:

These were picked up in a Jeep Salvage yard
buddy was there getting some other parts and these were just sitting there
They are in pretty decent shape
Wish I had some more, these set in my garage for almost a year before John shamed me into installing them :happy175:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Finally got to see the ole red KJ again. Needed a new valve cover gasket. Took less than a hour start to finish.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactionic

Reaction score
Friday night. While driving at slow speed (luckily), ball joint separated from wheel hub and it effected axle too. Then it became undrivable. With tow truck, it was carried to repairshop. I feel really lucky that did not happen at highway on higher speed.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd, but those things never see to happen at highway speeds. My guess is that roll resistance/road force holds them together till you slow down.

Bob

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems odd, but those things never see to happen at highway speeds. My guess is that roll resistance/road force holds them together till you slow down.

Bob
Oh I have seen one fail at 65 mph on the KJ. It wasnt pretty

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Reactionic, Get a set of Moog with the grease/Zerk fittings installed, then align it~!!
I am also very happy to hear it did not happen at Hwy Speeds!!!
Moments like this, remind me why it may be a good idea to carry extra fresh shorts! :gr_grin:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to watch the video someday :icon_lol:
The guy who turned me onto Jax Wax told me how to do the engine and just followed his directions

I'm sure its the same process. Basically get the engine bay wet, spray on the cleaner, spray it off, squirt on the final coating and drive it around a while to dry off the excess.

Makes for a good excuse to go for a drive. "Honey, I have to go on a little road trip - the directions told me to..." :happy175:

Bob

Reactionic

Reaction score
I guess many parts of underframe has never replaced. Actually I do not feel safe after 90 kph and controlling it gets harder. Every time all passengers say that "wow it is very shaking and it makes him/her feel speed more than actual". Every repair man who i talked, say that it is normal , it is a off road vehicle, you can't drive fast. Actually i do not believe it. Ofcourse it can not be like a sedan car but, normally its driving should not make people like i said above. Also in Turkey, there is not many choices for Jeep parts(except square framed ones, I mean XJ, we call it like that :D ). Even if there is, it is extortionately expensive in comparison with USA.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure its the same process. Basically get the engine bay wet, spray on the cleaner, spray it off, squirt on the final coating and drive it around a while to dry off the excess.

Makes for a good excuse to go for a drive. "Honey, I have to go on a little road trip - the directions told me to..." :happy175:

Bob

There ya go, have to drive at least 2 hours, may as well meet up with Tom somewhere ! :happy175:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There ya go, have to drive at least 2 hours, may as well meet up with Tom somewhere ! :happy175:

BINGO!!

I'm hoping I get clearance to drive this week. Don't know how long I can be behind the wheel but hopefully it's at least 120 minutes or so :icon_lol:

Just in time for Christmas too ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BINGO!!

I'm hoping I get clearance to drive this week. Don't know how long I can be behind the wheel but hopefully it's at least 120 minutes or so :icon_lol:

Just in time for Christmas too ;)

May even get to meet my wife, she jumps on board a plane tomorrow evening in Dar-es-Salaam heading north, then west then.......here possibly :shrug::icon_lol:

Hoping you get good news and can get out and about some more soon

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in the front tow hooks that I got from hoosierjeeper. Found a good excuse to get that set of ratcheting wrenches, which that and figuring out I can go in from the back, made the job easier.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in the front tow hooks that I got from hoosierjeeper. Found a good excuse to get that set of ratcheting wrenches, which that and figuring out I can go in from the back, made the job easier.

As in "Gear Wrench"? LOVE em. Some of the knockoffs are pretty good also.

Bob

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As in "Gear Wrench"? LOVE em. Some of the knockoffs are pretty good also.

Bob

Husky, from Home Depot. Not "top end" by a long shot, but I'm not doing it for a living. I've had a couple for a long time, usually using only the 10mm which seems to be the most common size on Hondas. Now I have mas!!

That pm I sent ya, take it that's a "no".

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've added a few "big box" tools, hired guys aren't any more apt to keep up with top tier than the mid grade. I've had far better service from Lowe's KOBALT than HD's Husky. Actually, I have two KOBALT torque wrenches used every day for lug nut service in my tire shop. About every 6 months I'll have to have one of em replaced under the "No Hassle" lifetime warranty. SnapOn torque wrench will out last em by a couple months, but then there's a $300 REBUILD FEE!! They'll replace the ratchet head guts for free for the life of the tool,BUT NOT THE TORQUE SYSTEM!!

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Eastwood sent me a free 10 mm rachet wrench whatever you call them 2-3 years ago, best I have found for a long time

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the plugs and coil packs last night. Figured I should before a nice long road trip for the holidays. The plugs had some small electrodes on them. Drove it to work this morning and she seems to be running better ( wasnt having issues before but she feels more peppy). That was the easiest set of plugs I have ever changed and I am fine with that!

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what the gap was on those new condition platinum tipped ones?
It never seems to amaze me how owners never seem to notice the under the hood sticker.
54561[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Southerwake did you use the copper core NGK's ZFR6F-11G and gap em at .040 ?

Attachments

• NGK%20Spark%20Plug%20Gap.jpg
    NGK%20Spark%20Plug%20Gap.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading is hard. :emotions34:

I checked the gap and made sure it was at .40 on all the new plugs which were the correct plugs (OEM suggested) as well. Took me about 2 hours and that was because I wasnt fighting with the coolant reservoir being in my way.

One of the coils was written on with marker, the date and the words "advance part" was written on it. So I am guessing that the plugs and coils that were in there were obtained at Advance Auto parts and they chose the cheapest plug.

Andrew