What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Started my relay panel today

Last edited by a moderator:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won this beast of an 8" sub at a comp, so I started working on a box for it. Rated at 900w rms, it should be good for 1500w-1800w rms.
You must be registered for see images

The plan is to see how loud I can get a single 8" sub. This thing is a 50lb monster, so the results should be nice.

On a side note: A bunch of us caravan'd back from the audio comp in TN, so we kept it between 55-65mph to keep everyone together. My girl said we were getting good mpg, and I looked up like wtf when I saw this. Double checked the old school way and it's legit. Guess replacing the injectors wasn't a waste.

Sent from my G870a on 38's

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I said the same thing. I literally run off the road a little when I saw it. I paid $150 for the injectors, which were rebuilt(quality parts) and flow-matched, and I did them myself along with intake manifold o-rings. I had 2 internally leaking injectors, and I've always replaced them in sets anyways. Not sure if you guys remember me posting about putting the Eaton sc from my cobra on the 3.7, but that's why I did the intake manifold o-rings. My machinist/uncle used his fancy equipment so he can whip up some adapters for me similar to this.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won this beast of an 8" sub at a comp, so I started working on a box for it. Rated at 900w rms, it should be good for 1500w-1800w rms.

The plan is to see how loud I can get a single 8" sub. This thing is a 50lb monster, so the results should be nice.

On a side note: A bunch of us caravan'd back from the audio comp in TN, so we kept it between 55-65mph to keep everyone together. My girl said we were getting good mpg, and I looked up like wtf when I saw this. Double checked the old school way and it's legit. Guess replacing the injectors wasn't a waste.

That isn't bad, I'm rather surprised with this tank how much I'm averaging. I'll have to calculate but since I filled up I'm about 250 miles on it still haven't hit the quarter tank mark. I'll probably be near 300 when it hits near the empty since I'm planning on purging this tank. This is city combined driving.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, I said the same thing. I literally run off the road a little when I saw it. I paid $150 for the injectors, which were rebuilt(quality parts) and flow-matched, and I did them myself along with intake manifold o-rings. I had 2 internally leaking injectors, and I've always replaced them in sets anyways. Not sure if you guys remember me posting about putting the Eaton sc from my cobra on the 3.7, but that's why I did the intake manifold o-rings. My machinist/uncle used his fancy equipment so he can whip up some adapters for me similar to this.

:Whoa: That SC looks dangerous! I can imagine a custom hood & would just love to record the sweet music coming from 3.7 then!!
Not sure how long the motor would last for, but it sure would be exciting! :gr_grin:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the new radiator, thermostat and hoses installed today to the tune of just under $300.00 for labor. The original estimate called for just over 350 in parts too - rad and fluid only - but I bought everything online, including parts they didn't have in the estimate, for 325.00. I was told they don't usually use MOPAR parts because of the cost. So I figger I saved money and got better parts by buying my own. The MOPAR radiator was more than twice the cost of most after market rads.

I notice the cabin heater warms up faster now too. The mechanic said that might be because of the new thermostat, which they didn't include in the original estimate. Is that possible?

Anyway, glad to have that all fixed. I hope to be able to get the ****** flushed, new pan installed and the transfer skid plate put on next month. That was supposed to be done last week - until they discovered the radiator leak.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow ur having a ton of work done there Jim. Did you replace pump too?
If the thermostat was stuck in the open position, ya it would take a long time to heat up.
You chose wisely re the Mopar rad, well worth it the long run, quality components count!
In the end you will have a reliable KJ that is maintained very well, even with skids! Awesome!
:party52:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks LTC.
Did you replace pump too?
No. There was no wiggle or other noticeable problem, so I didn't go that far.

I have plans for this Jeep, but they have to be flexible because, as was just proven, anything can happen. Eventually though, I want to do a quality lift, skid plates, bumpers and more. I have to get the thing paid off before I can go hog-wild though. :gr_grin:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Whoa: That SC looks dangerous! I can imagine a custom hood & would just love to record the sweet music coming from 3.7 then!!
Not sure how long the motor would last for, but it sure would be exciting! :gr_grin:

He'll probably pop the main bearing caps out the bottom of the oil pan on the maiden voyage!

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pics speak a 1000 words.

1st in the KJ world as far as I know.....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the Eaton with adapters will only sit about 1/4"-1/2" higher than the stock intake, so the stock hood will work. I plan to run 4-6psi and start collecting parts to rebuild the 3.7 with forged internals. Going to run a megasquirt setup for tuning, so with a good tune it should be legit. Boost doesn't blow engines, bad tunes do. My biggest concern is the 42rle, but since I have access to a machine shop I could pretty much swap in whatever trans I want. C5 from a ranger/bronco ii + boosted 3.7 would be a nice setup.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ill tell ya what...I would love to see all that happen in a build post!
First "little" KJ hot rod! :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Pics speak a 1000 words.

1st in the KJ world as far as I know.....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Stairway to ............well no where:icon_lol::shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, the Eaton with adapters will only sit about 1/4"-1/2" higher than the stock intake, so the stock hood will work. I plan to run 4-6psi and start collecting parts to rebuild the 3.7 with forged internals. Going to run a megasquirt setup for tuning, so with a good tune it should be legit. Boost doesn't blow engines, bad tunes do. My biggest concern is the 42rle, but since I have access to a machine shop I could pretty much swap in whatever trans I want. C5 from a ranger/bronco ii + boosted 3.7 would be a nice setup.

KYLIBERTY did all of the tunes etc I know he had a whole list of things done.
The " tune" is not the issue, internally is the issue, wouldn't even try it before new pistons, etc

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Go fast 3.7 goodies will cost big$ !
Did KYLiberty successfully build a S/C 3.7 ??
I would be afraid of investment & work, and chance of what might happen to the engine.
Interesting to note though GM had a 3.8 supercharged that held together well.