What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts are starting to arrive. Got the MOPAR rad yesterday, Felpro thermostat gasket today. The rest (thermostat, hoses and HOAT fluid) should be here early next week. I will only schedule the repair when everything is in.

Isn't the gasket included on the Thermostat? (it was with the Mopar one)

southernwake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flushed coolant ( technically on saturday), replaced water pump, coolant reservoir cap.

Next: new plugs and coil packs. Then a nice long road trip for the holidays:gr_grin:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
moved that bottom "stopper" out a bit and greased the tailgate and lift support joints. No more dreaded rattles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Parts are starting to arrive. Got the MOPAR rad yesterday, Felpro thermostat gasket today. The rest (thermostat, hoses and HOAT fluid) should be here early next week. I will only schedule the repair when everything is in.

I just want to make sure in pic below, that Jim is aware that the Mopar rubber seal is the gasket.
54458[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

If yours does not look like the pic, may I recommend the Mopar & no need for a fel-pro thermostat gasket, it's built into the Mopar and is the correct 195 degree one to use.:gr_grin:
If you double up with gaskets it's going to leak.
Note Dude1116..Good Catch!! Thumbs Up!

Attachments

• JeepMoparThermostat68174083AA.jpg
    JeepMoparThermostat68174083AA.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the gasket included on the Thermostat? (it was with the Mopar one)

^^^^this^^^^^ mine as well

I just want to make sure in pic below, that Jim is aware that the Mopar rubber seal is the gasket.
If yours does not look like the pic, may I recommend the Mopar & no need for a fel-pro thermostat gasket, it's built into the Mopar and is the correct 195 degree one to use.:gr_grin:
If you double up with gaskets it's going to leak.
Note Dude1116..Good Catch!! Thumbs Up!

Thanks for catching that. I missed the information in the Amazon Q&A and I couldn't tell by the pics on Amazon. Their description didn't mention it, so I ordered it based on the "frequently ordered with..." section below the item. It's not the first 5-bucks I ever wasted. ;) Stoopid me, but I hope you guys don't think I would ever go to a mechanic that would double up a gasket of any kind. I'm no mechanic, but know enough to know better than that too.

Thanks for havin' my back.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... today I didn't go rock crawlin'. But I did go out in my Jeep to do some rock watchin'. ;)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Jim, we got ur back and on another note.. just to make you aware ..
The brass piece at the 12 o'clock position is an air bleed hole that comes with the Mopar thermostat.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to relocate the washer fluid bottle and trim the inner fender liner a little more..
but finally working after motor swap (broke the trans shifter cable when i lowered the transfercase crossmember to much), car didnt know it was in park (always in drive, couldnt start)

removed bumper as it was help on by bubble gum and a small plastic push clip,
isntalled led turn signals, and side markers on the fender flare...(to follow highway traffic act as much as possible)

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moved that bottom "stopper" out a bit and greased the tailgate and lift support joints. No more dreaded rattles.

Maybe I'm just seeing things in your pic, but it sure looks like the feet of a teddy bear in the storage cubby :happy175:

Bob

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim, we got ur back and on another note.. just to make you aware ..
The brass piece at the 12 o'clock position is an air bleed hole that comes with the Mopar thermostat.

Yes, I knew that. I'll make sure my mechanic knows its position. I'll have to figure out a way so he doesn't think I'm tellin' him how to do his job or telling him something he already knows.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works on a 05-07 as well :icon_lol:
We test fitted one on a 06 and then JBA made the adjustments for it to fit them as well
NOTE: Everything was hung on loose since this had a home built bumper on it that we had to remove for the test, also reason for lights behind the grill
You must be registered for see images attach

That's not bad actually, though I would love for a full wrap around like the 02-04. More for Jurassic Park effects. But it covers the fogs, which I hate. I was thinking about seeing if the KK would fit the 05-07 KJ.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also noticed the cold start knock has gone away despite it not having really warmed up.... wondering if perhaps the strainer had gunk on it and it finally broke off or gunk in the ports is gone.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just seeing things in your pic, but it sure looks like the feet of a teddy bear in the storage cubby :happy175:

Bob

Why yes haha. Got it from a close friend this pat Valentine's Day :D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not bad actually, though I would love for a full wrap around like the 02-04. More for Jurassic Park effects. But it covers the fogs, which I hate. I was thinking about seeing if the KK would fit the 05-07 KJ.

Can always lower it down some, that is at the highest place there

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can always lower it down some, that is at the highest place there

Oh no, what I'm looking for is this style full frontal coverage ''wrap around''

though it isn't for the 05-07. I was thinking possibly the KK could work

Though doubt it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no, what I'm looking for is this style full frontal coverage ''wrap around''

though it isn't for the 05-07. I was thinking possibly the KK could work

Though doubt it.

Oh you want a hood knocker, thought you wanted something with tow points and wouldn't bend under a slight breeze :emotions34::icon_lol: