What did you do to your jeep today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove the KJ home from the mechanics
after a lengthy period of lift/motor replacement, went to drive it to work the other day, and boy was the front end shakey.....

oh yeah. forgot to get an alignment, the front wheel was 2" out of tow/toe from the other wheel

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go fast 3.7 goodies will cost big$ !
Did KYLiberty successfully build a S/C 3.7 ??
I would be afraid of investment & work, and chance of what might happen to the engine.
Interesting to note though GM had a 3.8 supercharged that held together well.

whole different animal. iron/iron pushrod v6 (GM) vs iron/aluminum SOHC v6. it's like comparing apples to single malt.

I'd love to see someone effectively and inexpensively make the EKG engine be more powerful, but frankly the design just can't support it.

There's only been one pressurized KJ i've seen that's ever stood a chance of being almost-mass-doable by the general populace, and that was someone swapping the A583 engine out of an SRT4. Last time I saw the thread they were finalizing the ECU/VIN issues on it.

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
whole different animal. iron/iron pushrod v6 (GM) vs iron/aluminum SOHC v6. it's like comparing apples to single malt.

I'd love to see someone effectively and inexpensively make the EKG engine be more powerful, but frankly the design just can't support it.

There's only been one pressurized KJ i've seen that's ever stood a chance of being almost-mass-doable by the general populace, and that was someone swapping the A583 engine out of an SRT4. Last time I saw the thread they were finalizing the ECU/VIN issues on it.

I'd agree. Wouldn't mind trying a SC on my 4.0L OHV Ranger but not the SOHC KJ. Ranger conversion is way too expensive for the payoff anyway so I'll just stick with my SCT. Wish I could just get a damn tuner for the KJ.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really the only thing I'd like to change is the ****** ass ******* drive-by-wire system... it just ***** the sweat of a dead man's balls, especially with a stick shift. only thing I really regret about getting this specific KJ. should have looked for an 06.

edit: love the censoring, or lack there of? :lol:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
really the only thing I'd like to change is the ****** ass ******* drive-by-wire system... it just ***** the sweat of a dead man's balls, especially with a stick shift. only thing I really regret about getting this specific KJ. should have looked for an 06.

edit: love the censoring, or lack there of? :lol:

Thats the reason for me only buying 02-05s, drive by wire and the traction control crap, won't buy them with that.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. still pissed me off how I did 18 months of research and I failed to come across that little nugget of info.

if I ever get off my butt and see that 05 that's missing a motor come up for sale again, I might try and convert mine over to cable. What would I need? throttle pedal assembly, throttle body, ECU, what else? Get someone to flash the correct VIN on the computer.

ArtO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New radiator, water pump, hoses, coolant. Pretty much everything. Waterpump bearing was making noise and had a crack in the radiator. Figured what the hell, do it all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day in Ohio, almost 70 degrees, washed the 03 Green Sport, my son vacuumed the interior , did everything inside with the Jax's Wax , great product .
Now onto the Kilimajaro :icon_lol:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day in Ohio, almost 70 degrees, washed the 03 Green Sport, my son vacuumed the interior , did everything inside with the Jax's Wax , great product .

I'm jealous! Gotta try that Jacks Wax too. Guess I'll have to order it. Doesn't seem to be available around MD. About 70 here too but too many other things on the fleet TO DO list. Maybe a wash and some wax tomorrow. It's been a while. :gr_grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm jealous! Gotta try that Jacks Wax too. Guess I'll have to order it. Doesn't seem to be available around MD. About 70 here too but too many other things on the fleet TO DO list. Maybe a wash and some wax tomorrow. It's been a while. :gr_grin:

I'm spoiled since they are like 10 minutes away from me.
First time I ordered never paid attention to where they were from.
Neighbor who has a couple of show cars turned me onto the stuff so I ordered, had free shipping.
I get it and look and was like well he** could of picked it up :icon_lol::icon_lol:
Their engine cleaner/ detailer works really well and does a great job

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neighbor who has a couple of show cars turned me onto the stuff so I ordered, had free shipping.
I get it and look and was like well he** could of picked it up :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yeah, I just went to their retail locator and it appears to be available all over Ohio. Checked PA, MD and VA as I'm near them all and found a shop in Sterling VA. Probably just order some. Seem to do most of my shopping that way. Now if I could only get free shipping on beer... :happy175:

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree, Tom. The engine cleaning kit is excellent - I followed their video instructions to the letter and the engine bay looks nearly new. If I had original stickers, etc on the fuel line and other places I'm not sure anyone could tell it has 189,000 miles on her :waytogo:

I've gotta get to my interior - I ordered their interior kit but haven't been able to do it. This weekend would have been perfect too :emotions34:

Bob

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, Tom. The engine cleaning kit is excellent - I followed their video instructions to the letter and the engine bay looks nearly new. If I had original stickers, etc on the fuel line and other places I'm not sure anyone could tell it has 199,000 miles on her :waytogo:

I've gotta get to my interior - I ordered their interior kit but haven't been able to do it. This weekend would have been perfect too :emotions34:

Bob

I'll have to watch the video someday :icon_lol:
The guy who turned me onto Jax Wax told me how to do the engine and just followed his directions

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great day here in Ohio. Cleaned the rims and interior again. Well, i guess it can't get cleaner than what it is.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great day here in Ohio. Cleaned the rims and interior again. Well, i guess it can't get cleaner than what it is.

Wow I had a " good day " in my post and you had a "great day " :happy175:
Washed, claybarred and waxed mine again as well today

What do you use on your dash etc, looks way too shiny , almost wet or something or was it just done and still wet?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I had a " good day " in my post and you had a "great day " :happy175:

Washed, claybarred and waxed mine again as well today

What do you use on your dash etc, looks way too shiny , almost wet or something or was it just done and still wet?

Nope it's dry but shiny as hell.

I use the wipes on the dash and the spray for everything else. I also spray the wipes so I don't use them all.

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now onto the Kilimajaro :icon_lol:

That picture reminds me of when my kj had a stock looking interior. Now I have Gauges, cb radio, radar detector, and tons of switches, just to name a few.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That picture reminds me of when my kj had a stock looking interior. Now I have Gauges, cb radio, radar detector, and tons of switches, just to name a few.

Well my 04 is like that, this one is just getting started on the make over, only thing done so far was the leather seats

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope it's dry but shiny as hell.

I use the wipes on the dash and the spray for everything else. I also spray the wipes so I don't use them all.

Thanks for letting me know
Glad I never bought any of that stuff then,
way too shiny for me, I like the stock more natural look
Sticking with the Jax Wax stuff

Not knocking you or it if you like it , just saying not into that look:shrug:

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the picture doesn't do it justice. Looks different in the pictures. Hmm. I like the shiny look.